The Community Investment Act will provide up to $5 million annually to provide increased funding to the CT Department of Environmental Protection for:
Open Space and Watershed Land Acquisition Grant Program This program provides financial assistance to municipalities and nonprofit land conservation organizations to acquire land for open space.
Grants may be for the purchase of land that is
1. Valuable for recreation, forestry, fishing, conservation of wildlife or natural resources;
2. A prime natural feature of the state’s landscape; habitat for native plant or animal species listed as threatened, endangered or of special concern;
3. A relatively undisturbed outstanding example of a native ecological community which is uncommon;
4. Important for enhancing and conserving water quality; valuable for preserving local agricultural heritage; or
5. Eligible to be classified as Class I or Class II watershed land.
For more information:
www.dep.state.ct.us or call, (860) 424-3081